“Bought The House that Track Built”
Until I read this diary entry, I had forgotten all about this compilation album which enticed music buyers to further investigate other stuff released on the Who’s “own” label, Track Records.
I could not have been 100% impressed with it at the time, because I certainly didn’t own it in my later teenage years, so I presumably must have sold it on, or swapped it with someone for something else?
Bit of a shame really, as it’s now worth quite the pretty penny or two. £50 ($100) or so in good condition, to be precise.
But look what it introduced to an easily-influenced 14-year-old boy in 1972!
• The Who – Magic Bus / Young Man Blues / A Quick One While He’s Away
• Jimi Hendrix Experience – All Along The Watchtower / Purple Haze
• The Sand Pebbles – Love Power
• Precisions – This is Love
• John’s Children – Desdemona
• Fairport Convention – If I had A Ribbon Bow
• Thunderclap Newman – Wilhelmina
• The Parliaments – I Wanna Testify
• The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown – Fire / Devil’s Grip
“Magic Bus” and “Fire” remain two of my most enjoyed cuts from the 60’s.
Years later I caught a video of Arthur Brown’s performance of Fire on TV and laughed my head off….
Trivia freaks might like to know that the drummer in the paper bag mask is none other than Carl Palmer from Emerson, Lake & Palmer (oh, and Asia)